Sales & Price History Chart
Here's the Symbol LS2208 Handheld 1D Bi-Directional Laser Barcode Scanner price history (including sales performance) over the previous month.
Hint: click on 'Sales Rank' or 'Price (New)' in the chart below to show or hide the data.
Symbol LS2208 Handheld 1D Bi-Directional Laser Barcode Scanner is currently selling at $115.01, approximately $14.33 higher than average. With a lowest price of $79.00 and an average of $100.68 it is selling on the high end of its usual range. Price volatility is 5.65% (meaning it changes a few times a week), but right now this product is a recommended 'wait'.
Symbol LS2208 Handheld 1D Bi-Directional Laser Barcode Scanner Price Comparison List
Compare the current price, savings (in dollars & percent) and Buy Ratings for the top Barcode Scanners that are closely related to Symbol LS2208 Handheld 1D Bi-Directional Laser Barcode Scanner.
Symbol LS2208 Handheld 1D Bi-Directional Laser Barcode Scanner Comparison Rankings
Here is how Symbol LS2208 Handheld 1D Bi-Directional Laser Barcode Scanner ranks in comparison to all the other Barcode Scanners within this list.
Symbol LS2208 Handheld 1D Bi-Directional Laser Barcode Scanner Product Info
This Symbol LS2208 black general purpose handheld 1D bi-directional scanner decodes one-dimensional (1D) barcodes, including GS1 and RSS symbologies. A 650-nm laser produces a single line of light that can scan barcodes from left to right or right to left at speeds up to 100 scans per second. The Advanced Data Formatting (ADF) allows the user to modify the barcode data before transmitting it to the host computer. The scanner has a lightweight design with a scratch-resistant tempered glass exit window. Its wide depth of field range scans from near contact to 17" away. With the on-board multiple interface, the scanner connects to a host (not included) using a USB, RS-232, or IBM 468xx/9x cable, or keyboard wedge (sold separately).
|Input voltage||5V +/-10% at 130 mA typical, 175mA max.|
|Power source||Host power or external power supply|
|Scan rate||100 scans per second|
|Host system interfaces||USB, RS-232, Keyboard Wedge, IBM 468x/9x|
|Scan pattern||Bi-directional single line|
|Decode capability||Reads 1D barcodes, including GS1 DataBar (formerly RSS) symbologies. Also reads UPC/EAN, UPC/EAN with supplementals, UPC/EAN 128, Code 39, Code 39 Full ASCII, Code 39 TriOptic, Code 128, Code 128 Full ASCII, Codebar, Interleaved 2 of 5, Discrete 2 of 5, Code 93, MSI, Code 11, IATA, Chinese 2 of 5|
|Depth of field||From contact to 17 in./43 cm on 100% UPC/EAN symbols|
|Drop specs||Unit functions normally after repeated 5 ft./1.5m drops to concrete|
|Electrostatic discharge||Confirms to 15 kV air discharge and 8 kV of contact discharge|
|Reader dimensions*||2.5 x 3.34 x 6 inches/6.3 x 8.4 x 15.2 cm (L x W x H)|
|Reader weight||5.29 oz./150 g|
* L is length, the horizontal distance from left to right; W is width, the horizontal distance from front to back; H is height, the vertical distance from bottom to top.
Barcode scanners, also known as barcode readers, can be used to scan and decode barcodes and to transmit barcode data to a computer or another host system. Barcode readers with a single-line laser can be used to scan linear, one-dimensional (1D) barcodes. Some lasers can produce light in an omnidirectional pattern to allow scanning of barcodes from different angles. Other barcode readers contain CCD (charge-coupled device) light sensors instead of a laser for accuracy and wear resistance. Barcode scanners with raster scanning, area imaging, and other scanning technologies can allow scanning of two-dimensional (2D) or Portable Document Format 417 (PDF417) barcodes, among other types. Some barcode readers provide onboard flash memory to allow the storage of barcode data before transmitting it to a computer or host system through a USB cable or wireless WLAN or Bluetooth connection. Many barcode readers have a handle for handheld use and come with a stand or a charging cradle for fixed position applications, while others are designed for stationary use on a counter or another flat surface. Some portable readers are small enough to be carried in a pocket or attached to a lanyard. Barcode readers are used at retail checkout counters and other points of sale (POS) locations and in warehouses and shipping facilities.
What's in the Box?
- Symbol LS2208 laser scanner
- Black handheld corded barcode reader scans and decodes linear 1D barcodes, including GS1 DataBar and RSS codes
- Single line of light to scan barcodes from left to right or right to left at up to 100 scans per second
- ADF for modifying barcode data before transmitting to host computer
- Wide depth of field range scans from near contact to 17" away
* We track Amazon price updates on an hourly basis and analyze this data to help you make better buying decisions. Our Buy Rating metric is calculated by looking at the price history for the product over the previous month and using a combination of the current best price, the average price, best price, and price volatility. The Sales Performance metric takes into account sales rank changes to determine how a product competes with all other products in its primary category (i.e. electronics, video games, books, etc).